[Shr-Devel] SHR FSO OE Branches

Julien Cassignol ainulindale at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 23:45:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM, Stefan Schmidt<stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:
> Someone who
>
> - can tell me if SHR needsa to stay with his own full distro in the future.

In the future, yes. It'll stay as is but will improve or merge with
other depending on the needs/willingness of other people. I think SHR
is good enough by itself to live on his own, but I'd really like to be
closer to you guys, be your "mainline" distro for instance. That's up
to you.

> - can tell if the openmoko distro in oe.dev is still used at all.

I don't think so but Mirko (who's at my place right now) is telling me
"bla bla" he doesn't know so I guess it won't be used anymore as
Paroli will run on SHR, and we may do a different image and/or
adaptations for it.

> - can tell if moko-autorev is still used.

I think SHR used it in the past and I should check if it still does.
Anyway mrmoku started maintaining our own versioning stuff, so it can
be merged to the SHR one properly and left aside.

> - wrote shr.bbclass and would be interested to bring this into oe.dev

I did originally, then mrmoku took over the case. I'd say it's almost
useless and outdated. If you have a better solution I'm all ears.

> - has an good overview of the recipes needed for SHR and needs to get over to
>  OE.dev

That would probably be mrmoku, spaetz, or me.

> - can tell me what improvements for different rcipes are in your branch.

Can't you diff the revisions? :-p

> - would like to give a helping hand on the shr stuff.

I won't be able to do any "true" thing if I have to look by myself.
Tell me clearly what you want me to fix in order to help you and I
think I'll be able to find time. I think that mrmoku will be more
available than that though and will be able to look for things to do.
As for myself if you tell me "diff this and that, merge this and that,
or whatever", replacing the appropriate things with names, then it'll
fit (sadly my time is a precious resource these days...)

I think some of us were intending to go to Berlin these days (CCC?),
and some others to Paris for the OWF, maybe we could meet here or
there and talk about it? It would give us time to debate about what's
to do and agree on the means in the meantime.

--
Julien Cassignol
http://www.ainulindale.net