Bluetooth (bluez4) and bluetooth serial port

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Wed Sep 16 16:32:56 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 16 September 2009 11:51:35 RANJAN wrote:
> > IMHO the wiki explains it pretty good:
> >
> > http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#Scanning_for_bluet
> >ooth_devices
> >
> > Also the section about networking clearly describes the situation with
> > PAND +
> > Bluez4...
>
> Got the device bonded to the laptop running Xp.However when I try to serial
> port connect it says device Om-gta02 does not support Bluetooth serial
> port.Any ideas how to get the serial port over bluetooth working?

AFAIK SPP (Serial Port Profile) is handled by rfcomm in BlueZ. Check out
/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf. It's long time ago since I last used this so I
cannot remember any exact steps... Again... The information on the wiki page
should help you getting started. Try using google if you don't understand
everything in the wiki page...