Bluetooth (bluez4) and bluetooth serial port

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Wed Sep 16 16:51:25 CEST 2009

Michael Zanetti <michael_zanetti at> writes:
> On Wednesday 16 September 2009 11:51:35 RANJAN wrote:
>> > IMHO the wiki explains it pretty good:
>> >

>> >ooth_devices
>> >
>> > Also the section about networking clearly describes the situation with
>> > PAND +
>> > Bluez4...
>> Got the device bonded to the laptop running Xp.However when I try to serial
>> port connect it says device Om-gta02 does not support Bluetooth serial
>> port.Any ideas how to get the serial port over bluetooth working?
> AFAIK SPP (Serial Port Profile) is handled by rfcomm in BlueZ. Check out
> /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf. It's long time ago since I last used this so I
> cannot remember any exact steps... Again... The information on the wiki page
> should help you getting started. Try using google if you don't understand
> everything in the wiki page...

In fact to have a FR work as SPP server, he can try to look at using
test-service script along with service-spp.xml from bluez test/
directory in the sources.

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at