Playing wav or mp3 files from script on FR?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 22:11:09 CEST 2009

On Monday 28 September 2009, RANJAN wrote:

> >> So you are referring to this one here:
> >>
> >> http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.frees
> >>martphone.MusicPlayer.html;hb=HEAD#Play
> >>
> >> Sriranjan
> >
> > I think you were referring to this:
> >
> > http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesm
> >artphone.Device.Audio.html;hb=HEAD#PlaySound
> >
> > So both are one and the same in terms of performance and loading speed in
> > case of sound files?
> >
> > Sriranjan
>
> When I type this
>
> $mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.Device.Audio /org/freesmartphone/Device/Audio
> org.freesmartphone.Device.Audio.PlaySound '1.wav'
>
> I doubt my syntax at the command line is right!
>
> I get "service not found error"
>
> Sriranjan

You're using the wrong service, and missing a couple of arguments. Try this:

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.odeviced /org/freesmartphone/Device/Audio
org.freesmartphone.Device.Audio.PlaySound /path/to/sound.wav 0 1

This one will list the methods and signals available, as well as the
arguments:

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.odeviced /org/freesmartphone/Device/Audio