How to make an ipk package out of the code and include an icon

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:19:09 CEST 2009

> Dint find a page that explains making an ipk from a .py file!! You know the
> link?

You don't ;-)

an ipk file is just a compressed archive - you stick some files into a
directory structure and compress it into an ipk file. The phone just
extracts everything to the right place. There's a little more to it
than that, however, which is why you use the little ipk making script,
but otherwise it's just that.

So "making an ipk from a .py file!!" is little more than "moving a .py
file to a phone via a compressed archive".

Cheers, Joseph