which toolchain & distro ?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 19:11:28 CET 2010

On Sunday 19 December 2010, sohail abbasi wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
> please suggest me which toolchain from armv4t,v6,7a,v6-novfp from
> http://buildhost.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/sdk/ should i use ? I have
> ubuntu-8 server on x86 and want to cross compile application for my Neo
> Free runner , running SHR. Also which SHR distro i should use ,testing or
> unstable ?
> I would be grateful.

Freerunner is armv4t. The others are for more recent handsets like the HTC
Dream, Palm Pre and n900.

Testing or unstable is really your choice. Testing is intended not to have
major bugs, and not to introduce them, but won't get bug fixes as quickly.
Unstable may break when you update it, but will have the most recent features
and bug fixes. Which would you prefer?