Heads up: FSO gdbus migration

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Dec 23 00:42:22 CET 2010

Hi folks,

the FSO gdbus migration that we have been talking now for quite a while
(e.g.
http://www.vanille-media.de/site/index.php/2010/10/16/towards-the-end-of-2010/)
is which has been carried out in the gdbus branch is now ready to hit
master. The FSO and SHR folks have discussed the strategy and decided
to do this sooner (i.e. now) rather than later since the first
couple of days will be a rough ride and some of us have a bunch
of more spare time than usual due to some forthcoming annual events ;)

We have created a wiki page that informs you about the steps
http://wiki.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Implementations/gdbus-migration
- please add and expand as you see fit.

For external projects talking to FSO services via DBus, we don't
expect any changes. Projects using libraries from FSO will most
likely have to adjust.

Best regards,

--
:M: