[Shr-User] Maintain(er) OpenMokoProjects [was: Openmoko projects page down]

Michael Pilgermann KichKasch at gmx.de
Sat Feb 6 21:56:21 CET 2010

Dear all,

the OpenMokoProjects page is back online - thanks to whoever did this.

But in fact, I got a bit concerned about carrying on to host my projects there. What is the status of this site - and who is the maintainer?
Could you please do any statement about the future of OpenMokoProjects? (if it is unlikely to be continued, I would rather start migrating the content from there) ...

Bringing me to my next question (all?) - what would be an adaquate location for hosting application level projects for Openmoko? Any experience? -> I really liked the idea and functionality (SVN, WIKI and docs, News, File releases, Tracker) OpenMokoProjects provided - and in the end, you could easily browse through a bunch of applications for the Freerunner / Openmoko.

I can think of (but):
- sourceforge.net (for my taste has become too much marketing touchy)
- google code (well; it's still Google)
- some corner on SHR web side??
- github.com (I have no experience at all; but it looks like providing most of the functionality I mentioned before
- feshmeat.net (would only be for the "front page" I guess)

Writing all this; I remember discussions on these lists here about an Openmoko application directory.? I can't remember the outcome of this discussion - has anything evolved from it?

Please, I would be thankful for any input ... thanks in advance;

Best
Michael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------