wmiconfig compilation

Niels Heyvaert nielsheyvaert at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:04:28 CET 2010

Hi,

I've taken the monkey approach in trying to build the tool. Meaning: follow the instructions to the letter and see what happens.

In order for it to compile I had to include header files for the ar6000 module using the -I flag.

Turns out these headers are not included in the toolchain which you are instructed to install on the Wiki. These headers are part of the distro source tree. I don't have the SHR source tree on my system, only the AoF source tree. So I pointed the compiler to the header files under the AoF tree. It compiled with no issues.

If this is a prerequisite to have a source tree of a distro it should be mentioned on the Wiki page... don't you think? Unless I'm missing something.

What do you think?

Kind regards,

Niels.