ANN: Vibration API

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sat Jan 23 19:21:59 CET 2010

Hi folks,

in order to expand the list of (hardware) platforms FSO runs on, I had
to create a Vibration API. Previously, we just used the LED API for
vibrators, since on the Openmoko devices, the vibrator is just a LED
class device.

On the Android/Linux-inspired kernels for HTC devices (such as the Touch
Pro), the vibrator is exported via a timed-output class device. On the
Palm GNU/Linux devices, it's exported via a completely different way.

Hence, reusing the LED class API didn't cut it anymore. As of today, we
can talk to the vibrator via /org/freesmartphone/Device/Vibrator/0
served by org.freesmartphone.odeviced, the API is documented at
http://docs.freesmartphone.org/org.freesmartphone.Device.Vibrator.html

Please adjust applications as you see fit.

Regards,

--
:M: