openmoko root filesystem

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 12:17:05 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 21 July 2010, Mahmoud AbdEl-Aziz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a board with S3C2440 processor and 64MB NAND Flash, I need a
> filesystem image with size less 60MB.
> Or, If any one know a method to overcome the NAND flash size problem.
>
> can you help me?

A good starting point might be the SHR build instructions.

http://shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Building%20SHR

You could also take a look at OpenWRT which may be more suitable depending on
what you want to do.

We'll need a bit more information about your board and your requirements to
give much more help. If the board has SD, CF or USB then it may be possible to
put the rootfs on these.