qi-bootmenu - suggestions,idea - first mmc partition
cyril at crl.ch
Fri Jun 11 12:07:14 CEST 2010
I tested qi-bootmenu. According to the wide choice of distro available for
the freerunner, this is a great and necessary functionality. Congratulation,
Mat, for this idea and the job you did for.
Actually qi-bootmenu run from internal kernel partition. Would-it also be
possible to make a version of qi-bootmenu which can be installed into the
first MMC partition ?
Benefit will be :
- A standard unmodified QI can be used.
- According to QI boot order, there is no need to put
"/boot/noboot-GTA02" file on each partition.
- If necessary, first MMC partition can be bigger than internal
- We can still have a "daily/emergency distro" in the freerunner
- Apart u-boot replaced by QI the freerunner is still unmodified
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the devel