A new hardware

Esben Damgaard maillist at hvemder.dk
Mon Mar 1 11:37:55 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm was sad to hear that the will be no GTA03/04.
I love what Openmoko has done and I would like them to continue. I'm not
ready to leave the freedom, but I'm ready to leave my Freerunner behind
for something where the graphics is actually accelerated :)
Therefore I recommend
http://www.ziilabs.com/products/platforms/ziitrinity.aspx
They are selling a development platform. Openmoko could possibly make
some small changes, make sure a recent kernel and FSO works on it. Then
I'm sure there are a lot of people ready to buy them. And because
Android and hdmi output (how cool is that!) is possible on them, even
more would buy them.

Could this be a possibility for Openmoko? I don't know how much money
would be needed from Openmoko's side, but from opinion it could be
profitable for them.

What are your thoughts?

Esben Damgaard