omnewrotate - my improvements / packaging request

Tim Abell tim at
Thu Mar 25 23:20:13 CET 2010

I love omnewrotate, but I particularly dislike the way it starts up
again every time you resume from suspend.

I've rewritten the scripts as proper init.d a scripts, and changed the
default state on boot to be "stopped".

Run the following to apply my customisations:

  tar -xzvf omnewrotate-init.tar.gz -C /
  rm -f /etc/apm/suspend.d/11omnewrotate-suspend

The tar file omnewrotate-init.tar.gz contain replacements for:

and a new init script:

Would the original developer(s) / the shr package maintainers like to
use my changes? I'd love to see this in the main feed.

Tim Abell