omnewrotate - my improvements / packaging request

Tim Abell tim at timwise.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 23:20:13 CET 2010

Hello,

I love omnewrotate, but I particularly dislike the way it starts up
again every time you resume from suspend.

I've rewritten the scripts as proper init.d a scripts, and changed the
default state on boot to be "stopped".

Run the following to apply my customisations:

  wget http://www.timwise.co.uk/om/omnewrotate-init.tar.gz
  tar -xzvf omnewrotate-init.tar.gz -C /
  rm -f /etc/apm/suspend.d/11omnewrotate-suspend
/etc/apm/resume.d/89omnewrotate-resume

The tar file omnewrotate-init.tar.gz contain replacements for:

  /usr/bin/omnewrotate.sh
  /etc/X11/Xsession.d/89omnewrotate
  /etc/default/omnewrotate.conf

and a new init script:

  /etc/init.d/omnewrotate

----

Would the original developer(s) / the shr package maintainers like to
use my changes? I'd love to see this in the main feed.

Yours

Tim Abell