[UPDATE] FSO on Palm Pre

Simon Busch morphis at gravedo.de
Sun May 30 13:19:53 CEST 2010

Heyho,

I have some short update for you about our effort to bring FSO to the Palm Pre
device. Big show stopper for a very long time was the modem, but from the moment
on we discovered the first bits of the protocol we moved on very fast with
every step. The last two weeks I worked a little bit more on the protocol
implementation and we have now several features like (it's the help output from
our testing tool msmvterm which implements all commands we currently have):

get_phonebook_properties <mbdn|efecc|adn|fdn|spn> : Get the properties of a phonebook type
dial <number>                                     : Dial out
read_simbook <mbdn|efecc|adn|fdn|spn> <position>  : Read entries from sim book
get_firmware_info                                 : Get firmware info string
change_operation_mode <reset|online|offline>      : Change operation mode
get_phone_state_info                              : Query current phone state
verify_pin <pin>                                  : Send SIM PIN authentication code
rssi_status <0|1>                                 : Enable/disable rssi status updates
get_charger_status                                : Query current charging status
set_mode_preference <auto|gsm|umts>               : Set the prefered mode for the network (Automatic, GSM, UMTS)
get_imei                                          : Receive IMEI
help                                              : Show all known commands with their syntax
get_networklist                                   : Request a list with all available networks
quit                                              : Quit this program
test_alive                                        : Test, if the modem is still responding to commands
charging <usb|inductive> <250|500|1000>           : Set charging mode:
	mode: usb, inductive
	voltage: 250mA, 500mA, 1A (warning!)
answer_call <call_nr>                             : Answer an incomming call
end_call <call_nr>                                : End an active call

Thats already very much to work with and mickey is ready for implementing all
this in fsogsmd very soon.

So why I writing this to you? We need more help! There is very much to do (testing
+ implementing + researching). We already have a simple rootfs with FSO running
directly on the Palm Pre (follow the guide
here http://wiki.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Palm_Pre:_Install_FSO).

So, get your hands on a Palm Pre and start working! If you need more informations
about how to start, read this:
http://wiki.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Palm_Pre:_Jan_2010_-_%3F

And for everyone who wants to see something in action:

MSMVTERM> get_networklist
MSMVTERM> [MSM] rc RESULT_OK ref 17 len 12 : RESPONSE_CM_PH [ result = 0 ]
MSMVTERM> [MSM] rc RESULT_OK ref 17 len 4093 : URC_GET_NETWORKLIST [ network_count = 5 [ plmn = 7402082 name = 'o2 - de' ] [ plmn = 2159202 name = 'Vodafone.de' ] [ plmn = 3207778 name = 'E-Plus' ] [ plmn = 1110626 name = 'T-Mobile D' ] [ plmn = 2159202 name = 'Vodafone.de' ]  ]
MSMVTERM> read_simbook adn 3
MSMVTERM> [MSM] rc RESULT_OK ref 1a len 142 : RESPONSE_READ_SIMBOOK [ book_type = PHONEBOOK_TYPE_ADN position = 3 number = '9696' title = 'Music Spy' encoding_type = ASCII ]
MSMVTERM> get_phonebook_properties adn
MSMVTERM> [MSM] rc RESULT_OK ref 1a len 203 : RESPONSE_GET_PHONEBOOK_PROPERTIES [ slot_count = 250 slots_used = 15 max_chars_per_title = 16 max_chars_per_number = 40 ]
MSMVTERM> [MSM] rc RESULT_OK ref 1a len 0 : URC_CALL_INCOMMING [ caller_id = '+49xxxxxxx' call_id = 9 call_type = CALL_TYPE_AUDIO reject_type = 0 reject_value = 0  ]
MSMVTERM> [MSM] rc RESULT_OK ref 1a len 0 : URC_CALL_END [ caller_id = '+49xxxxxxx' call_id = 9 call_type = CALL_TYPE_NONE reject_type = 0 reject_value = 0  ]

regards,
morphis