SHR - testing, stable and unstable - problem with Intone/earphones

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Tue Nov 2 20:55:22 CET 2010

Paul,

On 2010-11-02 19:35, Paul Fertser wrote:
> Philip Rhoades<phil at pricom.com.au>  writes:
>> I worked out what it was - the plug is very sensitive to position - it
>> should NOT be pushed all the way in, otherwise you get mono and I was
>> only listening in one earpiece!
>
> You're using a wrong 2.5mm<->  3.5mm adapter, check the pinout at the
> wiki.

Thanks for the note but how could the pinouts be wrong? - if the plug is
not pushed all the way in (there is about a 2mm gap) I get stereo fine
so the pinouts should be fine?

My main problem is that pausing causes an ALSA fail (the problem is
documented I see) - I will go back to unstable to see if that is fixed.

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades