SHR - reporting app problems, asking Qs etc

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:23:22 CET 2010

On Wednesday 03 November 2010, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> People,
>
> Is this the right place for reporting on and asking questions about the
> current (unstable) version of SHR?  While I am here:

SHR has user and devel lists that would probably be better.

> - Intone has a couple of oddities - anyone interested?

The author was waiting on some fixes to the e libs. I don't know if those
fixes have happened, or if it has just dropped off his radar.

> - Is it possible to use the normal X "-display" option to output to a
> desktop device once a network connection to the FR has been made? - I
> can't get it to work (I did have it working on one of the distros ages
> ago - it was convenient for sending text messages from my desktop).

It should work subject to the usual auth caveats. If you're trying to start
things through ssh I think X forwarding is disabled by default in the daemon
config.