new (testing) image
wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sun Nov 14 12:37:19 CET 2010
> That means, from now on a merge window of 1 week got opened - feedback
> is highly appreciated!
Looks great overall!
I found one major bug:
1) boot, launch NanoMap, exit with Ctrl-Q -> system hangs
kyak said on irc he thinks all Qt apps will hang on exit.
Some smaller issues:
2) boot, launch StarDict - will hang for at least 60 seconds, but
only first time after reflash, after that it's fast. Xiangfu said
it creates an index file, I think he already fixed this by including
a prebuilt .idx in the package.
3) SD card is automatically mounted when inserted at runtime, but
when it's already inserted before booting, it will not be mounted.
4) in /etc/banner, the version number still says "2010-09-06". I will
remove it to avoid that we have to sync with /etc/VERSION.
5) I tried to view some jpegs from my digital camera (2.x MB files,
3648x2736 pixels) - they all failed with 'out of memory'. I saw
9808KB free memory when gmenu2x was running, 14840 KB when it was
I think the Qt hang-on-exit bug is a big one and we should fix it
before making the release official. What do you think? Can you
More information about the devel