dfu-util: building latest git on MacOSX

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Mon Nov 15 22:27:25 CET 2010

Hello.

On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 21:41, Tormod Volden wrote:

> I have seen people have some trouble (pkgconfig?autoconf?) building
> dfu-util out-of-the-box on MacOSX [1]. Should such things be reported
> here on the list, or is there a bug tracker? Does anyone here check
> building on MacOSX?

At least I don't check building on MacOSX. If anybody has patches to help
building it ootb I'm looking forward to it.

dfu-util has moved from Openmoko infrastructure as I don't want to depend on it
for future development. Given the low volume of problems/discussions/patches I
think we don't need a full featured bug tracker for such a small project.

If we want to make sure problems are known I would simply suggest to keep a list
within the repo. I already have a TODO file there and also having a BUG file
would not do any harm.

> Mainly the issues are about libusb not being detected properly, and
> that SHELL becomes sh so that "echo -e" in src/Makefile does not work
> correctly on 10.6.

Any more info on the lsusb detection problem? Is there any known fix for this?

The echo -e is seems like a problem I introduced. I was never good at pure shell
programming. :)

regards
Stefan Schmidt