/sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_now

Matei-Eugen VASILE matei.vasile at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 23:25:28 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Matei-Eugen VASILE
<matei.vasile at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2/6/11, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 02:39:47AM -0800, skuphundaku wrote:
> >> The SHR I'm using doesn't have om at all.
> >
> > opkg install omhacks
> >
> >> Where can I find the source code for it?
> >
> > git://git.debian.org/pkg-fso/omhacks.git
>
> Thank you! I took a look at it and through the source code.
> Unfortunately for me, it works by doing what I was trying to do
> anyway, so the fact that I don't have the charge_now node on my device
> is still a problem.
>
> Do you have any idea why charge_now is not there anymore? Could it be
> a problem in the kernel source? Or in SHR's build of the kernel? Or,
> maybe, even in SHR's image?
>
> M.

I managed to figure it out. The newer kernels seem to be missing the feature
I was looking for. Probably the kernel I was using back then had it (I never
checked the code back then). I created a patch for
drivers/power/bq27000_battery.c for shr-2.6.34, built a new kernel for my
om-gta02 device and tested it. It seems to be working fine.

I attached the patch to this email, in case you find it useful and think
others might need it.

M.