[ANNOUNCE] dfu-util 0.4 release

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Fri Jul 22 09:43:59 CEST 2011

Hello.

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 09:24, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> Dnia 2011-07-20, śro o godzinie 21:23 +0200, Stefan Schmidt pisze:
>
> > The second big change is the addition of DFU suffix handling.
> > Something that is mandatory from the spec but was never implemented as
> > it was not used on the Openmoko devices.
> Finally dfu-util is becoming universal tool. Good job guys!

Thanks. I'm always looking for people that are testing dfu-util with
other DFU capable devices. I just have a small collection here and I
would be interested  in more informations if it works with other
devices. I started a small list in DEVICES.txt which hopefully will
grow over time. :)

> > Give it some testing if you like. The tarballs are at the usual place:
> > http://dfu-util.gnumonks.org/releases/
> Are you planning to make packages for distributions?

I'm not going to do this myself. For Gentoo and Debian/Ubuntu we
have package mainatiners which took care about this before and I
hope they will keep doing. From the big distros that left Fedora and
OpenSuse out. Last time I checked they did not have a dfu.util
package. If someones wants to take care of this please go ahead.

regards
Stefan Schmidt