case for GTA04 with 3D-printing?

Evgeniy Ginzburg nad.oby at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:28:23 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 09:32, Patryk Benderz <Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> wrote:

> [cut]
> > Sadly my RepRap still has a lot of bugs and so it doesn't work yet.
> > Mainly because the Huxley-Version I've built has still some heavy design flaws...
> regarding your last sentence, what other 3d printer you would build/buy
> now?

AFAIR the accuracy needed for Freerunner case parts is 0.2-0.3 mm.
That's far beyond the RepRap possibilities.
The only real project I remember was Canadian (?) guys that made
insert between the case and rear cover for digital TV module, and they
used molding.
There was a lot discussions in mail-lists regarding DIY cases design
and manufacturing.

--
So long, and thanks for all the fish.