DFU 1.1 Support?

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:14:58 CET 2011

2011/11/2 Yohan PAINCHAUD:
> Is this library supporting the DFU specification 1.1 ?
>
> I read in the mailing-list that the version 0.5 may support it, but not yet
> tested?  I saw that the DFU 1.1 has few attributes modified, as for example
> the Run-Time DFU Functional Descriptor, but in the 0.5 version, only a
> modification concerning the bitWillDetach flag has been done. Maybe the
> others changes have been implemented in an older version?

Yes, some 1.1 parts were already supported by earlier dfu-util
versions. Some firmware implementations use a mix of 1.0 and 1.1.
dfu-util retrieves the run-time functional descriptor if it can. But
this is not new in 1.1, is it?

I believe the SPEC-differences.txt file in our source tree describes
all the differences between 1.0 and 1.1.

Tormod