dfu-util: Support for DFU ST extensions (DfuSe)

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Mon Oct 24 18:42:52 CEST 2011

Hello.

On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 13:45, Tormod Volden wrote:

> Great! If you decide to apply "main: Move DFU state transition blocks
> together" beforehand, let me know and I will update the
> dfuse-libusb-1.0 branch accordingly.

No problems showed up during my tests. All four patches have been
applied and pushed.

That only leaves the DfuSe branch outstanding for now. I peaked into
it but did not really started reviewing yet. While git would be fine
mering the branch I'm not going to do this. With the complete
development history and merges it would mess up the history of the
main branch to much. I really see value in keeping a developer history
but in this case I value a sane history on the master branch more.

I hope you understand this. If you want to squash the changes together
into several patches kind of reflecting the history I would be fine
with that. Rebased on current master that is. The other option is to
add the files directly and make it all into one commit. That does not
feel really fair given the amount of work you did put into it though.
Disadvantages for all ways out here it seems.

In my opinion it might be best to squatch the changes into 5 or 10
patches that as a compromise between full history and a signle commit.
What way do you prefer?

regards
Stefan Schmidt