navit with german speech?

Alexander Lehner lehner at
Wed Sep 7 15:31:13 CEST 2011

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Sander wrote:

> Alexander Lehner wrote (ao):
>> I tried it with
>> like the wiki said, but still no success.
>> What navit reports is:
>> (process:338): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
>>         Using the fallback 'C' locale.
>> (navit:338): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> Is 'de' actually available?
> dpkg-reconfigure locales

I'm running SHR and so don't have dpkg, but I guess the reason is the lack
of locale support.
Also, I'm not using the germanized-SHR distro, I just want to have navit
speak german instructions.

But maybe (and that's the question) this requires installation of a whole
bunch of localisation stuff. In that case I'd rather leave it as is...

I also tried now
opkg install locale-base-de-de
opkg install navit-locale-de

without success.