no luck with building dfu-util for windows

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 11:17:45 CEST 2012

2012/4/15 Daniel Li:
> Tormod Volden,
>
> Well, I didn't get luck.
>
> So I have fixed my Celeron (Coppermine), which is 700MHz GenuineIntel processor. Re-install ubuntu 8.04.
>
> It's ok to flash the device now.
>
> If there is any good way to build dfu-util with clear guide (windows xp), I wish to try then.

If you are using MS Visual Studio, it might work to grab the .dsp
project file from
http://cgit.openezx.org/dfu-util/tree/win/dfu_util.dsp?h=windows and
add it to a new subfolder (e.g. msvc) of my tree. For those interested
in building on Windows, I'd suggest to look at how it is done for
libusb-1.0. I see that they ship a separate stdint.h for Windows
builds, so if you get errors about missing stdint.h, try adding that
file: http://git.libusb.org/?p=libusb.git;a=blob;f=msvc/stdint.h;hb=HEAD

When building dfu-util you have to tell the compiler where to find the
libusb.h headers and the libusb library (.so, .dylib, .dll etc) but I
do not know how that is done in Visual Studio etc.

In general, dfu-util almost only depends on libusb, so we should make
it possible to build dfu-util on all platforms where libusb builds. We
can use the same porting tweaks as libusb. But we will need someone to
test and keep these ports alive.

Tormod