[ANNOUNCE] dfu-util 0.6 release

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Mon May 14 20:38:40 CEST 2012

Hello.

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 15:05, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> [cut]
> > Actually I don't know how many people are still using dfu-util with
> > Openmoko devices.
> I would say, all of them, who use QtMoko and SHR.
>
> >  Many have switched to Qi
> Isn't Qi only a bootloader? And AFAIK is not able to flash FR?

It is but after the initial flashing of Qi itself you should be able
to boot it from SD only. That was at leats the initial goal for Qi.

> >  and SD card booting it seems to me. Getting some feedback on this
> > would be nice.
> If you take a look at wiki, there are plenty of instructions how to
> manually flash FR. And most (all?) are using dfu-util (I do not know
> what tool is used to flash FR while booting from SD card).

You would just pop out the card and write them in a cardreader on your
normal PC.

> > How many of you are using a recent dfu-util version for flashing
> > their Openmoko devices?
> Me :) , but don't count on much response on this ML. I have already
> asked this question on other MLs [1]

Yeah, thanks for that. We will keep up the work. Nice to see people
using it. :)

regards
Stefan Schmidt