Anyone else got a non-working GSM modem?

Cindy Mottershead cindy at mottershead.us
Thu Aug 2 00:07:13 CEST 2007

I have had the best luck initializing the gsmd and making/receiving
phone calls by issuing the commands over ssh.  The cu program doesn't
work reliably for me, but the libgsmd-tool does. The gui interface
hardly ever works.

I run this in one shell (to watch the debug output):

gsmd -p /dev/ttySAC0 -s 115200 -F

and run libgsmd-tool in another to issue the commands. See http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Gsmd

cindy