dfu-util on Mac OS X

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Thu Aug 2 21:13:43 CEST 2007

We have now managed to compile on Mac OS X - but there is still a
problem:

-----------
$ ./dfu-util -a 5 -R -D 'openmoko-devel-image-fic-
gta01-20070728081358.rootfs.jffs2'
dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
Claiming USB DFU Runtime Interface...
Determining device status: state = appIDLE, status = 0
Device really in Runtime Mode, send DFU detach request...
Resetting USB...
error resetting after detach: usb_reset(ResetDevice): device not
opened for exclusive access
Opening USB Device...
Found Runtime: [0x1457:0x5119] devnum=0, cfg=0, intf=0, alt=5,
name="rootfs"
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting ...
Cannot set alternate interface: usb_set_altinterface: could not set
alternate interface
$ ./dfu-util -a 5 -R -D 'openmoko-devel-image-fic-
gta01-20070728081358.rootfs.jffs2'
dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
Found Runtime: [0x1457:0x5119] devnum=0, cfg=0, intf=0, alt=5,
name="rootfs"
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting ...
Cannot set alternate interface: usb_set_altinterface: could not set
alternate interface
$
On the first run it does a reset and on the second everything appears
to be ok. But it fails doing the alternate setting.

Any hints from the core developers of dfu-util?

Nikolaus