SIP apps

Krzysztof Kajkowski cayco at poczta.cayco.pl
Sat Aug 4 19:42:40 CEST 2007

Hi!

I am struggling to get any of SIP client to work on my Neo - and no success.

I tried two clients: minisip and linphone.

Minisip - should be nice if I could run it but it requires libgtkmm >=
2.8 which is not available on the newest Ubuntu distro...

linphone - looks ok but I was able to compile only console client.
Somehow Gtk client did not compiles. Anyway, I got one sip account on
one of public SIP providers and tried to call my other SIP account I
use daily. I can head the phone rang but after I take the call I hear
nothing. I am sure that alsamixer is set OK because I can call to
other GSM phone. I also tried diffrent ALSA setings but none worked -
no mic and no speaker.

Did any of you succeded in making SIP calls? That would be fantastic
enhancement for neo if we could make SIP call via bluetooth.

best regards

cayco