remote 0.9.0 - remote control app

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Aug 7 00:47:05 CEST 2007

Hiy'all

Lesser novel impressions to write about, along with similarly lessened
energy levels. However, I managed to write that simple remote control
program I briefly mentioned. Contained is a configuration file to remote
control Totem and Rhythmbox (and aumix for global mixer control). You
can easily configure new tabs and buttons to launch arbitrary commands.

It's in python; if your Neo has python installed, it can run locally
from there, connecting to your workstation through ssh. If not, you can
run it on the workstation and display over X11 on the Neo.

The program is fully functional, but it's not polished or packaged, and
could use some more error handling especially what with the shell
interaction. It's already quite handy for me, though, so I decided to
throw it out there.

Download at http://mjr.iki.fi/software/remote-0.9.0.tar.gz

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>