How is the Ethernet MAC address for usb0 defined?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Tue Aug 7 17:47:38 CEST 2007

I am analyzing why the AJZaurusUSB driver creates a new interface on
MacOS X each time the OpenMoko is rebooted.

No I think I have found that OM does initialize the MAC address of
the RNDIS/Ethernet gadget driver randomly on each reboot (and MacOS X
uses that to find devices it already knows). Can anybody confirm that?

If it is so, I would suggest to derive the MAC address from the
device serial number - or if that is not available - from the
Bluetooth MAC (but not using the same).

Nikolaus