Some starting difficulties with GTA01

Peter Rasmussen plr at udgaard.com
Wed Aug 8 16:39:43 CEST 2007

I received my GTA01 and was very pleased :-)

Having flashed it a couple of times, using the description in
"http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo1973" I have
become a little puzzled as to what to do now.

It seems that even with the same uImage and openmoko-devel-image, I
sometimes get different situations after a reboot.

Right now I have:

./dfu-util -a 3 -R -D uImage-2.6.21.6-moko11-r1_0_0_2388_0-fic-gta01.bin
./dfu-util -a 5 -R -D
openmoko-devel-image-fic-gta01-20070803080736.rootfs.jffs2

I dare not flash the uboot because of all the warnings mentioned reg.
that. Is that still true, and is it really not necessary to flash uboot?

Anyway, what I would like to know now is, is there a way to force
re-adjusting the screen?
I seem to have mis-typed a point the last time I was asked to do it, and
the actual point pushed is offset from where I actually push. And even
re-flashing doesn't anymore provide an option to re-adjust the screen.

Then, I have only once been able to get a terminal window going (main
drop-down -> terminal), but I am still not able to push <enter> because
the area won't be activated no matter where I push on the screen.
However, most times pushing 'terminal' didn't provide any reaction from
the system.

I have more questions than this, but getting a terminal working should
help a lot in the short term :-)

TIA,

Peter