Some starting difficulties with GTA01

Andy Powell openmoko at automated.it
Sat Aug 11 11:05:17 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 15:39, Peter Rasmussen wrote:
> I received my GTA01 and was very pleased :-)
>
> Having flashed it a couple of times, using the description in
> "http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo1973" I have
> become a little puzzled as to what to do now.
>
> It seems that even with the same uImage and openmoko-devel-image, I
> sometimes get different situations after a reboot.
>
> Right now I have:
>
> ./dfu-util -a 3 -R -D uImage-2.6.21.6-moko11-r1_0_0_2388_0-fic-gta01.bin
> ./dfu-util -a 5 -R -D
> openmoko-devel-image-fic-gta01-20070803080736.rootfs.jffs2
>
> I dare not flash the uboot because of all the warnings mentioned reg.
> that. Is that still true, and is it really not necessary to flash uboot?

Unless you have a good reason you should probably leave u-boot well alone, if
you have the debug board you should be fine though.

> Anyway, what I would like to know now is, is there a way to force
> re-adjusting the screen?
> I seem to have mis-typed a point the last time I was asked to do it, and
> the actual point pushed is offset from where I actually push. And even
> re-flashing doesn't anymore provide an option to re-adjust the screen.
>
> Then, I have only once been able to get a terminal window going (main
> drop-down -> terminal), but I am still not able to push <enter> because
> the area won't be activated no matter where I push on the screen.
> However, most times pushing 'terminal' didn't provide any reaction from
> the system.

Look here : http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Networking then if you ssh into
you neo and type:

export DISPLAY=:0

hit return then type

xtscal

and hit return and it should start the touchscreen calibration software.

Andy