My first day

Erik esw at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 11 21:21:27 CEST 2007

Peter Rasmussen wrote:
> Yes, and it seems that we shouldn't be too worried about jitter in the
> values during charging, or what?

I've been logging battery voltage [and charge current, etc] every
minute [that the cpu has been up] for the last week or so.  I've seen
plenty of jitter... about 1/20th of a volt when it's fully charged,
and more when it's charging.

It looks like there's a lot more jitter/noise on the chgcur
parameter... perhaps 500ma or more on my neo.  And about 3 degree C
noise on the battemp parameter.  The batemp one looks like it might
have a bias on it, too ... perhaps 20C to 30C low.  Anyone else have
similar jitter on their values?

The link to the script I wrote/use is at the end of:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_GTA01_Power_Management

Though someone on that page claims that the act of running the script
is actually reducing their battery lifetime in sleep mode.  Which
surprises me.

-erik