Using the micro-SD card

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Tue Aug 21 06:51:53 CEST 2007

Peter Rasmussen wrote:

> GTA01Bv4 # ext2ls mmc 0
> Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
> ** Bad ext2 partition or disk - mmc 0:1 **

Is your card formatted as ext2 or as VFAT?

> I am not given a device file, eg. /dev/sda1, to mount the SD card when
> in the GTA01, so something seems to be missing.
> I have tried to exchange the 512MB card that came with the GTA01 with
> one that I use in my mobile and is populated with files, and the result
> is the same.

The device file is /dev/mmcblk0 (/dev/mmcblk0p1 for the first
partition), and it should be mounted automatically on /media/card. If
that's not working, make sure that the kernel modules on your rootfs are
the same version as your uImage (i.e. make sure you have
/lib/modules/2.6.21.6-moko11 rather than some other version). The
specific module you need is "s3cmci".

The card can be formatted under Linux on the GTA01, e.g.
umount /media/card
mke2fs /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /media/card.