Next problem

Franco Austin franco at bikeza.co.za
Wed Aug 22 14:08:40 CEST 2007

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:47:08 +0200
> From: wim delvaux <wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com>
> Subject: Next problem
> To: device-owners at lists.openmoko.org
>
> I started the input manager (the white patch at the top) from the applications
> list.
>
> The white patch overlaps the icons on the right (bluetooth, etc.)
>
> Next I tried starting the contact manager.  This application starts just fine
> but when I try to fill in a field, the input manager's keyboard does not show
> but a kind of white, built in keyboard.  The keyboard is too large causing
> some keys to overlap.
>
> After trying to enter some data, I had two keyboards on the screen. the white
> one and the input manager's one.  the white one disappears when you leave the
> input field but then I tried to hide the input manager's keyboard but to my
> surprise I got a SECOND keyboard above the previous one.  Only the top
> keyboard was working, the other did not produce any keystrokes.
>
> After closing the top keyboard (using the inputmanager), the entire GUI
> crashed.  I now see a black boot screen with a lot of messages of the
> sort 'waiting for X server to shut down : dbus-marshal-recursive.o(1186)got
> heredbus-marshall-recursive.o(1186)<REPEATED>
>
> Now I need to rip out the battery again.

I find with all these builds so far.

Keep your Notebook etc handy running a ssh session into the Neo.
The power problem has been addressed in the build after the 18th, I
think it is in the 20th build, then the keyboard will also make sense,
so far the build that gave me the most joy has been the 18th, the one of
the 20th breaks the gsm modem, try as I like I could not get it to
connect to the gsm network. I will be testing the 21st build today.

Nice features from the 20th build is the screen orientation.