2007.2 issues

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Thu Aug 23 09:39:37 CEST 2007

Am 23.08.2007 um 09:05 schrieb Alessandro Iurlano:

> On 8/23/07, Emre Turkay <emreturkay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> On 8/23/07, Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> You didn't update uboot, did you?
>>> It seems that a uboot update is required for the 2007.2 update to
>>> work
>>> completely.
>>> Based on information found in this list (and -community).
>> If you don't update uboot, you need to erase nand first, which is
>> described in the wiki. Then it works fine.
>> emre
> If you update uboot I think you have to reboot so that it uses the
> fixed uboot to flash rootfs and avoid the corruption bug.
> Alessandro

My impression is that we all should install uBoot from the 2007.08
update announced by Sean:

We can then flash older rootf/kernels (if we want) without major issues.
I have done this and seen no (new) problems with this uBoot version.

Maybe, the core developers should have sent some announcement
"[ANN]: new uBoot available - recommended for installation for all
device-owners so that everybody has the same basis to test"