screen usability in the outside

Thomas Seiler thseiler at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 11:12:35 CEST 2007

> I compared the NEO with my KRZR  outside in direct sunlight, and the
> NEO is as good or better when the screen is at full brightness.  I'd
> say its very useable.
>
> Some of the orange-on-black pulldown menus were difficult to see, but
> the Dialer and Contacts were quite useable.

Question: Does GTK+ allow instant theme changes ? (instant as in 0.5
seconds and
without restarting any aplications ?

Then we could switch to some High Contrast Theme (Black and White,
bigger Fonts).

Im am trying to get an ambient light sensor hooked up to my neo for
automatic backlight control.
It would then even be possible to switch the theme automatically
based on then current ambient light situation...

Just an Idea...
Thomas