gpsd

Daniel Willmann alphaone at openmoko.org
Sun Jul 29 13:45:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 11:09:16 +0200
Karsten Ensinger <karsten.at.openmoko at onlinehome.de> wrote:

[...]
> Does this mean that none of the P1 owner will have the possibilty
> to use the gps part of the phone?

at least not yet. We're still fighting the licensing issues and until
then we cannot distribute the gps userspace library/driver
(distributing it in that one p0 image was an accident).

Once the licensing issues are solved we will distribute the gps
library/driver. Or maybe the reverse engineering effort will beat us to
it. ;-)

I don't have any idea on what the legal status is of p0 owners wanting
to share that driver with you, maybe someone can clarify that.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann