Help with DFU Mode (P1 Device)

Peter Trapp openmoko at genial.ms
Tue Jul 31 10:46:11 CEST 2007

On Monday 30 July 2007 01:19, Bobby Edmonds wrote:
> I cannot get my unit into DFU Mode.
>
> When I get the boot menu if I do a "dfu-util -l" I get the following
> (Runtime Mode):
>
> dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
> This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
>
> Found DFU Runtime: [0x1457:0x5119] devnum=18, cfg=0, intf=2, alt=0,
> name="USB Device Firmware Upgrade"
>
> If I select "Set console to USB" it briefly displays another screen that
> says "Press [AUX] to return to boot menu" and then rolls back to the
> boot menu.

I guess you've already done it, so for all others...

I figured out the same :) My workaround is quite easy.

1) prepare everything at the host side (including the ./dfu-util )
2) "Set console to USB" and press "power"
3) asap Neo changes to "Press [AUX] to return to boot menu" fire the dfu-util
command on host side

Note: Neo switches back to the "boot-menu" but as long as the host doesn't
tell you anything different it should work :)

-homyx