Help with DFU Mode (P1 Device)

Peter Trapp openmoko at genial.ms
Tue Jul 31 21:30:15 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 31 July 2007 20:42, andrej w. wrote:
> i think it is irrelevant when to fire up the dfu-util, as long as you
> changed the state of the
> console input (that is "Set console to USB"), right?

yes, you're right. But the Neo switches back to "boot-mode" after a few
seconds. Therefore at least I had to be "fast" (just because you have to be
in "console-mode").

> Did anybody managed to gain remote ssh access to the unit? I am
> constantly getting "connection refused"
> errors, while trying. Btw. I have used yesterdays rootfs and kernel
> images (2007_07_30).

I do,  but you can only get access to the phone after flashing. The default
installed version doesn't allow ssh. I also found this statement in the wiki,
but dunno where?!

I already flashed to different rootfs
1) openmoko-devel-image-fic-gta01-20070728230649.rootfs.jffs2
2) openmoko-devel-image-fic-gta01-20070728081358.rootfs.jffs2 (from the
official side)

I prefer the second one. It's more "stable" IMHO ...

-homyx