Broken Moko

John Locke mail at freelock.com
Thu Nov 1 05:22:33 CET 2007

Just as things are starting to get interesting in OpenMoko, I can't try
anything new--my AUX button broke!

I noticed it had quit clicking a couple days ago, no tactile response.
Tonight I was going to try flashing a new kernel and rootfs, but the
button didn't engage at all. Managed to find a torx screwdriver and pry
open the face plate, and the little contact behind the button was
completely loose and rattling around inside.

I could hold it in position and get the normal click out of the button.
Is it safe to just solder this back on? Would've tried already, but I
don't have a soldering iron here...

Cheers,

--
John Locke
"Open Source Solutions for Small Business Problems"