Neo1973 Images

Nick Guenther kousue at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 20:44:26 CET 2007

On 11/5/07, Jean-Michel Bouffard <jean-michel.bouffard at crc.ca> wrote:

> Last week I flashed my Neo1973 for the first time and I have a couple
> questions. I read through most of the wiki and I was not able to find
> some answers.
>
> In the official repository
> (http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/deploy/glibc/images/neo1973/),
> there are always two images for the rootfs, one that is "devel-image"
> and one that is only called "image". What is the difference between both.
>
> I read somewhere that the GSM support was not working on the latest
> versions of OpenMoko. What is the version I need to try a GSM call?

For us in Canada, it is illegal for the openmoko to run on 850MHz,
because FCC approval didn't go through, or something. So it can be
tricky to run.
See http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Community_Updates for news.

There shouldn't be any difference in the software as far as GSM goes.
devel is just that it has debugging turned on in the builds (so if you
watch your consoles you'll see messages scrolling past all the time).

-Nick