still bricked neo

Jean-Michel Bouffard jean-michel.bouffard at crc.ca
Thu Nov 8 19:55:49 CET 2007

I didn't follow the previous mails but from my experience, when the Neo
doesn't start, the following steps must be done:

1- remove the battery and wait for at least 2 minutes.
2- Insert the battery in the Neo.
3- From the moment the battery connectors touches the phone, DON'T TOUCH
any of the buttons of the device.
4- Connect the phone to a USB port of any running computer for at least
12 hours, and DON'T TOUCH any of the buttons.
5- Now the phone should start.

I had often this problem because if you put an almost empty battery in
the phone, then touch a button, the phone seem to become in a "semi
turned on" state and the result is that it will never charge at 100ma.
This is why I insist that no button can be touched during the charge.
There is a reference somewhere in the Wiki about this problem...

- --
Jean-Michel