u-boot report mmc size 0

ukha ukha at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 15:00:21 CET 2007

On Sunday 11 November 2007 19:31, openmoko at rcie.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm trying to make Neo boot from SD-card according to
>   http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD
>
> >From within OpenMoko i can access any SD-card I
>
> have tried sofar. I can scp data to and from or
> mkfs, fdisk.
>
> Booting from SD-card fails without further screen
> output and falls back to booting the internal rootfs +
> kernel.
>
> It looks like u-boot doesn't seem to recognize the
> size of the card.
>
>   GTA01Bv4 # mmcinit
>   trying to detect SD Card...
>   Manufacturer:       0x03, OEM "SD"
>   Product name:       "SU512", revision 8.0
>   Serial number:      1346775253
>   Manufacturing date: 4/2007
>   CRC:                0x4f, b0 = 1
>   READ_BL_LEN=14, C_SIZE_MULT=7, C_SIZE=4095
>   size = 0
>
> Shown above is one of the Sundisk 512MB cards, that
> came with the Neo. When reading from this SD-card
> u-boot crashes

The problem is that your u-boot version doesn't appear to support booting from
SD. This feature appears broken for newer versions of u-boot however, I have
one here

 http://buildhost.automated.it/u-boot-good-for-sd-boot-r13_0_2632_0.bin

that I've installed on my neo and it boots perfectly from SD

HTH

Andy / ScaredyCat