u-boot report mmc size 0

Andy Powell openmoko at automated.it
Tue Nov 13 18:44:16 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 November 2007 15:39, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Jean-Michel Bouffard writes:
> >What I mean is that the SD card must be ext3 only in the case you want
> >to boot from it. I guess that uboot doesn't recognize the FAT partition.
> >But maybe ext2 could also boot? and as you said it would be preferable
> >for the SD.
>
> ext2 vs. ext3 wouldn't affect booting -- it's the same format, ext3 is
> simply a backward-compatible extension.

Sorry this isn't the case. Having tried with an ext2 formatted card and
failing with a kernel  panic saying that it had tried ext3, cramfs .
Formatting the card ext3 works. It's simply that I forgot to build ext2
support into the kernel ie not as a module, which I've now done and will test
shortly.

Andy / ScaredyCat