u-boot report mmc size 0

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Tue Nov 13 22:35:12 CET 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:32:08 -0700, Joe Pfeiffer
<joseph at pfeifferfamily.net> wrote:
> Andy Powell writes:
>>>
>>> Huh -- I'd thought ext3 depended on ext2.  Didn't realize it had its
>>> own drivers in the kernel...  but fixing the kernel config seems like
>>> a *really* good idea!
>>
>>Well, I could be doing something hugely wrong - but I'm obviously only
> doing
>>it when I format it ext2 ;)
>
> Oh, no, I went into the sources and checked it.  They really do have
> separate drivers, and if there's any actual common code (as opposed to
> code that exists in both directories) I didn't find it in a cursory
> look.
I believe ext3 volumes can be mounted as ext2 volumes if the ext3 driver is
not available, but it may be (and sounds like _is_) that once the
journaling flag has been set (only difference between the two) a different
driver is used.  Conversely, if only the ext3 driver were present and it
found no journaling flag on the volume, I can see why it would hiccup.