Tcl compilation

Kurtis Heimerl munncha at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:16:30 CET 2007

I'm trying to port a Tcl/Tk python application, and that part of it wasn't
too difficult. There are Tkinter packages in the repository. However, I
can't seem to find any Tcl/Tk packages. This has convinced me that I need to
compile it on my own.

The wiki gives instructions for compiling using bitbake and compiling
against GTK libraries. I have not been able to get bitbake to work, and my
understanding is that I would need to write a "Recipe" to do that anyhow.

I attempted to install http://www.emdebian.org/tools.html onto my ubuntu
box, but that had a number of missing files. This should allow me to compile
natively to the ARM architecture, but there's a little wrinkle there too.
I've attempted to use the gcc that's built with the source, and it claims to
be for the arm-linux-gnueabi target. I've been unable to find the associated
library files for that target.

My question for you folks is the following: What do you think is the best
route for accomplishing this task?

Thanks!