Neo charging comparison

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Fri Nov 16 09:48:15 CET 2007

Am 16.11.2007 um 09:19 schrieb Emre Turkay:

> I wonder how other devices handle this charging issue. Does anybody
> own an ipod/iphone or another device charging from usb, do they
> pull 100 mA or pull 500 mA without respecting the USB spec? Or do
> they have another solution?
>
> I see there is a car charger in the apple store for the ipod, if it
> is a dumb charger they should be having the same problem. I see
> it's price is ~$20, which seems to me very cheap for a device which
> knows about the USB protocol.

I have two such USB wall plug chargers - one for a unbranded
Bluetooth headset and another one for a Navilock GPS-Bluetooth device.

The Bluetooth one is specified as 5V +/- 0.5V --- 150 +/- 50 mA.

The Navilock KSAFB0500080W1EU (this probably encodes the 5V and 0.8A
and EU-plug) is specified as 5V --- 0.8 A

Since the complete set came for 89 EUR incl. tax I would assume that
I paid less than 20 EUR for the USB power adapter. It is made in
China (but no indication of the OEM), so there should be solutions
FIC can identify.

-- hns